Quote of the Day

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Aaaahhh...shit Moments

So recently I participated in the positivity challenge on Facebook.  I don't usually do these things (I'm really not into the social media/chain letter/peer pressure kind of thing) but I went with this one for a few reasons which are too boring to list here and not really relevant.  And it was kind of fun and nice to do - despite my snarkiness I am grateful for many things and the good definitely outweighs any bad in my life.  I am also proud to report that I had a 100% non-response rate from the people I tagged to participate and continue the challenge.  I am oddly comforted by the fact that many of those I know looked at it and exercised their right to say "is she insane?  F**k no, I'm not doing this."

But I did it and it was nice -but it also got me thinking of all of those times in my day-to-day life when I think something is going to be incredibly, positively awesome...for about two seconds before it goes bad.  I like to call these aaaahhh....shit moments.

Epic aaaahhh...shit moment

You've gotta love those times when...
  • You see your bank account balance at the bottom of your withdrawal receipt and it looks pretty damn good...and then you realize none of the automatic bill payments have gone through yet and for that matter you actually haven't paid *any* bills yet.  Sorry, you are still broke.
  • You are the first one awake in the house and sit to have a peaceful cup of coffee alone in the blessed silence of a weekend morning...and then a voice comes from the couch in the living room "Hi Mom - can I have something to eat?"  Or a smattering of footsteps (that do not belong to an adult) echo in the hallway upstairs.  Or there is simply a crash.  There are a few options for what is formally interpreted as "nope, sorry, not today."
  • You have decided to be a couch potato and are flipping channels, desperate to find something, anything worth watching, joyfully see one of your favorite movies (that you haven't seen in *years*) starts in a few minutes and hit select...only to realize it is on the Spanish channel.  
No me llame Shirley.
  • At the end of a long productive workday, you have actually made a dent in the pile of crap in the middle of your desk...and at the bottom discover the "must do first thing in the morning!" item you put there the prior night and covered with another pile when you arrived this morning
  • It is Sunday night and you have had a wonderful, fun but busy weekend and are tired and ready to put your feet up for some needed recharging before the work and school week...and a kid announces "Mom, we never did my [fill in the blank with some project due on Monday that absolutely does require your assistance]." Bonus aaaahhh...shit:  you drank all the wine in the house during the fun weekend.
Well played universe.  Well played.

No comments:

Post a Comment