- There is a toilet on my front porch. Like the six of a kind or large straight in Yahtzee, you would think this would be the hardest item to check off, but I got it on the first roll - it's been there from the beginning. Granted, it is a Toto toilet - but when it is on your front porch it doesn't really matter how good a toilet it is. It is from my half-bath, which is not together yet, but will be soon so there is really no point in moving it inside until we're ready to install it. Besides, it takes the attention off the piano under the tarp next to it.
- Big guy went food shopping and Chef Boyardee and Campbell's had a big bump in sales. Hey, don't judge - we have no kitchen, just a microwave and need to pay the contractor - we can't order in every night.
- There is a box of wine in my kitchen. Now mind you, I was encouraged to try wine in a box by a friend and the quality of wines that come in the boxes has significantly increased (think Black Label and Bota Box). And it is actually pretty good as a quaffable wine to keep on hand for a glass at night - plus it lasts a long time and is good for the environment (one box holds four bottles worth of wine). But it is nevertheless a *box of wine.* Is there a longer standing joke in the wine world? I have probably lost all of my wine credibility.
- We have extended family here. My brother is currently with us and my Mother will be arriving shortly, so we will officially have three generations in one home, but not enough beds for everyone.
- My armoire is in my shed, but its doors are in my living room.
- In the midst of the mess, we have a 65 inch plasma TV fully set up (and two other TVs on the first floor alone). The kids may be eating Chef Boyardee but we are watching the Walking Dead in full bloody glory.
- My yard (front and back) consists of dead grass, dead trees, dead shrubs and a wide variety of garden furniture, house furniture, kids playsets, contractor materials, a partially collapsed gazebo (which Big Guy is still convinced he can save) and assorted pieces of wood and metal.
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Trailer Living...It's Not Just For Trailers
I am back home! This is a huge thing and anything I say does not in any way dilute or negate what an absolutely, awesomely, fantastic thing this is. There truly is no place like home - but it isn't quite 100% perfect yet. In fact, if I reach for my inner snob, I realize that if there were a checklist for what constitutes a trailer park home, I would have quite a few check marks on there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment