Quote of the Day

Monday, June 22, 2015

People are Lazy

People are really lazy. I see it every day, from the line of 200 people waiting to take the escalator in Penn Station when the double wide set of stairs is practically empty right next to it, to people waiting for a parking space when there are hundreds of them available like 40 feet away.  But as the saying goes, until you walk in another person’s shoes, you never know what their experience is so perhaps every one of those people has a reason for not wanting to engage in the strenuous activity of walking, be it up the stairs or across the asphalt.  

But there is one place where the laziest of the laziest continue to under-exert themselves with no excuses whatsoever – and that is in the time-honored tradition of the replacement (or not, if you will) of an empty roll of toilet paper.  A task so easy to accomplish and yet, for some reason, so frequently left for the next person.  And in such a variety of ways.  Let’s take a look at the bounty of options (with a special shout out to a friend, who knows who she is, who supplied some of these pictures knowing what a peeve it is of mine).  I guess I could say they are in order of level of laziness.

Here we have your basic level of lazy.  Let me point out that this is in my home (my home!) and there is just as much of a chance that it is one of the mini-mes as it is big guy (that's not to say I don't think gender plays a role in this).  I can also tell you that there are definitely extra rolls of toilet paper in that cabinet, on the left side conveniently accessible right behind the toilet paper holder.  No, I'm not the only person in the house that knows where it is stored - as evidenced by...



This pretty picture where someone clearly needed some more, and clearly knew where to find it, yet still could not manage to complete the complicated process known as changing the toilet paper roll.
Lest you think I am reserving my snark for my family, let's travel over to my workplace for Exhibit 3 - where we can see an example of needed more, couldn't be bothered to finish the job and, judging by the small size of the roll, followed by a bunch of people who thought "well, if no one else did it, I'm certainly not going to."  Because that kind of thinking always solves the world's problems.

Oh look - it's the "I left some for the next person so I don't have to change it" roll.  This is the same person who leaves half of a cookie or a bite of pie and thinks it qualifies as leaving you some of the dessert.  Maybe if you were from Whoville it might.
Toilet paper you are not alone!  All sorts of paper products on rolls seem to instill in people a complete and total inability to do something that is not remotely difficult.  If the aliens are watching us, this behavior is definitely on their "hmmm, interesting" list
Back to my home for the "it can't get any easier than this
and yet you still can't manage to do it" award.  

And then of course, in this as in all things, we have the one that stands above all the rest. Join me for a moment in contemplating what exactly happened here:



Maybe those aliens showed up to take a specimen to find out why an advanced society has so many people who can't replace a roll of paper.  I hope they share the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment