So the Big Guy is nourishing a new addiction to Doodlejump. This follows closely on the heels of the shortlived Angry Birds obsession (which I think had more to do with the Mini-Me's than anything else). Between these games and listening to Adam Carolla podcasts, it's a good thing he has an iphone - I don't know how he would get along in life without it. Totally worth the $300 or whatever it cost for the phone.
I don't even know what Doodlejump is (although I do recall the commercial with the basketball player who I can't name as being pretty funny, so kudos for making me laugh when I don't even know the product). In defending the doodlebug addiction (we can't teach the girls boundaries on the electronic toys if we don't practice them ourselves, honey) he insisted that other really cool people play this game too - in fact it was highly possible he was playing against Chris Cornell (we are big Soundgarden fans), Angelina Jolie (how did she make the list?) and Brad Pitt (I am a longtime fan - although he took a big tumble off the pedestal with the whole Angelina thing -but Big Guy definitely said Angelina first so I suspect he just free associated to Brad, still leaving me wondering how the hell Angelina came up - are no men safe from her?).
This is a spectacularly poor defense (I may disagree with you 100% but I respect a good defense). Aside from the fact that as a person and a parent I don't think you should argue that it is okay to do something because cool people are doing it (and yes I understand that my self proclaimed status as a nerd makes my opinion on this highly suspect), I seriously doubt that people at the very top of their field (subjective opinions and taste on the above people aside, they are all very successful) are spending a lot of time playing Doodlejump. Yes, I understand that it is an incredibly popular game with hundreds of thousands and perhaps millions of people playing it (I really have no idea as to numbers but I was told that it is incredibly popular as part of the defense). I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think Chris Cornell, et. al are among those hordes. This is not intended to be snobbish - I just think to get to that level in your career, you need to spend most of your free time doing things like, you know, writing music and studying scripts. Now, I do think it is highly likely he is playing against the likes of the people on Jersey Shore. I think Reality TV people very likely spend plenty of free time on things like Doodlejump and their level of success following the end of their show will prove this out (please, if there is some sanity left in the universe it will prove this out).
Apparently now he has bought the Doodlejump app for the full game experience. I don't know what a full game experience is, but I'm pretty sure the only people this really means something for are the ones who created Doodlejump. Who I am pretty sure are not spending all of their free time playing Doodlejump.
P.S. In full disclosure of my own gaming experience, I have started to play Words with Friends (but only with two people so far). No, I don't think it is the same thing at all. There is spelling involved, for starters.
No comments:
Post a Comment