Now, a person could get concerned about how a business could excel (or even operate at a middling level of competency) when they assume no responsibility for what they are doing - particularly a business upon which she relies day in and day out. But, as the Buddhists (or someone) say, you shouldn't worry about what you can't control (even when that thing you can't control affects large portions of your life and costs a lot of money). So instead, I decided to think about how it would benefit *me* to no longer be responsible for errors.
- Oh the time I would save at work if I stopped proofing spelling and grammar, verifying facts, and other time consuming acts I have spent on quality issues. Wrong time included on that donor reception invite? Not my problem - didn't you see that "not responsible for errors nor any inconveniences resulting from them" in the small print on the bottom?
- I would spend a few extra bucks and get my checks personalized with my new special quote (can you get the quote right under the dollar amount?) and no longer worry about writing them out in the correct amounts. Let the receivers of my money deal with the ramifications of there not being enough - I'm "not responsible for errors!"
- I would start showing up at work whenever I wanted and leaving when I felt like it and just tell my boss that my “schedule was subject to change without notice.”
- I would save a lot of time and stress and cut back on all the parenting stuff. I'd just send those kids out into the world with a note from me that reads "not responsible for errors or any damage resulting from them." In fact, I'll give my kids that note when either of them attempt to bring up any childhood crap to explain some wrong decision they make in their twenties. I could get a lot of mileage out of this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment